Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Techno Frustrations



This morning I have spent the last hour trying to learn more about how to manipulate the blog and make it more attractive and figure out how to move images around and put them where you want them. Its amazing all the information you have to "slog" through to find what you want in a language you can understand. With all the advances in technology it seems you still really have to dig deep sometimes just to do something simple.

I can surely understand why so many people give up on trying new things. The frustration level is daunting at times. One thing I have learned is that you have to have patience with these things and just keep on trying. Not being scared of the technology really helps. I have learned that nothing really disappears and if you just keep pushing buttons you'll eventually retrieve what you think you've lost. I have also figured out that I need to write things down so I remember what I did.

Last night at flamenco lessons I was truly frustrated. I felt awkward and unable to make my feet do what my instructor was doing. She is so kind and patient. She keeps reminding me that she has been at it for 24 years and I am only on my 10th lesson. We are so hard on ourselves aren't we ?

I am determined not to give up. I enjoy the music and the rhythm of the dance and all it encompasses.  It is like learning a new language or technology. It requires patience and perseverance . If you think you can learn it in a day your are doing a great insult to those who have been at it for years. Learning something is one thing, perfecting it is another.

Watching the baby chicks emerge over these last few days is a great reminder of patience and endurance and determination. You can see how exhausted they are and how much energy it must be taking for these tiny little creatures to come forth and be present in the world. If they can do it then surely I can do it too.

Staying present and focused when taking on a task, a job, or almost anything for that matter is really a challenge at times but the rewards are boundless and satisfying to say the least.

Hang in there everyone ! We're not here for a long time, we're here for a great time !