So Ironwood Farm in Fanny Bay is finally going online and getting connected to the big, big world out there. Hopefully, with any luck, I can get this figured out and keep all of you who are interested up to date and current with the goings on at the farm.
The farm is in it's 15th year of growing and producing certified organic vegetables, plants, herbs and other good for your body and soul foods.
The farm has been a host for too numerous to count farm stays from all over the world. Hope this blog will be a way for us to stay connected and keep in touch with many of you as well as family and friends.
Today is April 3 and Easter weekend. Yesterday a mighty storm hit the west coast here. Trees were downed, power was out for huge portions of Vancouver Island and the Vancouver mainland. We faired not too badly. Power flickered on and off but persevered. Unusual for us but hey you got to get lucky sometimes.Once again we heard that Stanley Park in Vancouver was shut down due to falling trees. Haven't heard yet if Cathedral Grove here on the Island suffered much damage.In spite of the wind and weather I drove down to Parksville to keep my hair appointment. Neither wind, nor rain nor much of anything can keep me from having my hair done ! Of course as soon as Sabine had me looking good and I walked out the door !, the weather wreaked havoc on my great hair !! By the time I got in and out of the car a few times things didn't look so good anymore EXCEPT for the great colour ! Thanks Sabine, you take good care of me.
Today is a calmer day. Quite nice actually. Have spent most of it outside cleaning out sheds, making and burning the woodpile. Got lots of laundry washed and hanging out to dry. Thats got to be one of the best smells ! Fresh air and sun dried linen !
We're going to roast the first hotdogs of the year outside over the fire in a little while. Now thats a great smell and taste experience too. As I look out my window I see that the mountains have clouded over but the sun is still trying to shine. Better get the family together and get those hotdogs roasted before the weather changes again. I'll let you know how it goes.
Honestly I am not sure what blogging is supposed to tell you but I do know that I used to really like writing letters to people when I was younger. Perhaps this is similar but reaches a wider audience. I should go now, get the laundry in , get the hotdogs going...............Wow I can see the mountains again, fresh snow, beautiful !!
Happy Easter from all of us here in Fanny Bay at Ironwood Farm.
Barbara