Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter Sunday


Hi everyone. Not a bad day today. Weather was quite nice and warmer too. Daffodils and tulips are out all over the place and everything is so green. Birds were very busy at the feeder today including the humming birds. Snow line was way down on the mountain as well. There is now 683 cm of snow recorded on Mt. Washington, the local ski hill. The most snow on any ski hill in the world at present ! After I got the turkey into the oven I spent some time cleaning up again outside. Lots of branches down from the wind storm. Had a look at the fruit trees etc. Need to prune out some of the broken branches etc. I picked some rhubarb for a friend the other day and we will definetly be picking rhubarb for the market next weekend. I am almost sure this is the earliest it has been ready for harvest. There is kale to be picked and the parsley is coming back too.Lots of seedlings and plants in the greenhouse keeping Bryne busy . Then it was time to get ready to go and pick up Oma and get to Rex's place for Easter dinner.We had two turkeys this year. I baked one in the traditional way and Rex roasted one over the BBQ. Both were equally delicious. As always there was more than enough food and we all ate too much but it was so good ! Oma baked a wonderful dessert as usual. Good day, good people and good food. Goodnight.