Tuesday, December 31, 2013

A TISKET, A TASKET, A LOOK IN MY BASKET.....

"hi" everyone. The New Year is upon us. What will it bring ? In german there is a great saying for the new year that roughly translates as "wishing you a good slide into the new year." That is what I wish for everyone, including myself. A good, smooth ride for us all throughout 2014.

I have been very silent on this blog for a long time but the past year and a half have drained me of any urge to post. There were challenges to life that took priority and needed my full attention. Life is like that. It takes you where you are needed most at the time. Suffice to say that for the time being life is on a more even keel and sailing along.

I have had the urge to open the blog and write for some time now. Sometimes I do believe I think far too hard about what to write and once I get going all the well thought out thoughts change as they begin to form words on the screen.

The picture of my basket has inspired me today. Its a glimpse into my life on a daily basis. A basket that appears to collect and disperse various objects throughout the day. Right now it has accumulated what is going on today. The farm has allowed me a bit of down time and so I am reading my first Alice Munro book, learning some new crochet techniques with my new hooks and a book about how to create the best blogs !  The binoculars were a rush to take a better look at a bald eagle outside my window alighting in the pine tree and looking with great curiousity at something on or in the tree. When I opened the window to see he took off. There does appear to be something high up on the tree's trunk that is attracting his attention. Might be a squirrel hole.

So on this eve of the last day of 2013 I am being drawn back to the door I closed for a while and opening it again. That's the wonderful thing about doors. They are never really closed forever. You can choose to walk through at any time. What you see when you open it the next time, now that is something we can never know until we open it.

It feels good to be standing with the door open again as I enter the coming year.

Again. " I wish you ALL a good ride through 2014. "


tisket, a tasket. a day in my basket.